- Mixed venous oxygen saturation (SvO2)
- Cardiac output (CO)
- Stroke volume (SV)
- Systemic vascular resistance (SVR)
Thermodilution pulmonary artery catheters
The thermodilution catheters monitor intracardiac pressures, cardiac output, and provide infusing solutions.
When used with a compatible monitor, the following parameters are available through the thermodilution catheters: ICO, PAPs, PAOP*
- Assesses hemodynamic condition through direct intracardiac and pulmonary artery pressure monitoring, cardiac output determination and for infusing solutions†
- The distal (pulmonary artery) port also allows sampling of mixed venous blood for the assessment of oxygen transport balance and the calculation of derived parameters such as oxygen consumption, oxygen utilization coefficient, and intrapulmonary shunt fraction
- Swan-Ganz VIP catheters have an extra lumen with proximal port (30 cm) for infusion in addition to the standard distal and injectate lumens to provide direct access to the right atrium
- Swan-Ganz VIP+ catheter has a right ventricular lumen that terminates 19 cm from the catheter tip and the right atrial lumen at 31 cm
|Model||Description||Size (F)||Length (cm)|
|132F5||Four Lumen Catheter||5||78|
|096F6P||Four Lumen Catheter||6||110|
|131F7||Standard Four Lumen Catheter||7||110|
* PAOP available through balloon occlusion function.
† When used with a compatible monitoring platform.
‡ When used with an external pacemaker.
§ When used with an external pacemaker and used with the appropriate Edwards Chandler Transluminal A and/or V pacing probes.
Thermodilution is abbreviated as TD.